Cyberattacks are the last thing that you want your business to face going into the new year. As cyberattacks get more and more advanced the number of businesses that fall victim to them each year is staggering. Cybercriminals have all types of tricks up their sleeves to make them successful. But before we even get into which cyberattacks are coming for us, we must first identify what a cyberattack really is. A cyberattack is when an unauthorized third party can gain access to your system or network. Once that has taken place it creates several negative effects which end up creating a disaster for the business. It could potentially lead to data breaches, data losses and even data manipulation, let alone the legal operational, and reputational damages that follow.
Ten different types of cyberattacks to watch for in 2023
- Malware attack– One of the most common cyberattacks using malicious software
- Phishing attack– Where a hacker impersonates a trusted contact by sending victims fake emails to trick them
- Ransomware attack– Where a hacker gains access to your organization to encrypt your files then demanding a ransom to decrypt them,
- Password attack-Where a hacker will use various programs to crack your passwords and gain access to your systems
- Man-in-the-middle attack-The hacker gains access between a client and a host to eavesdrop and steal or manipulate data
- SQL Injection attack- The hacker will enter malicious code into a search box to make the system or database reveal all its information
- Denial-of-service attack- Hacker’s target servers or certain networks to flood them with traffic stopping business
- Insider Threat- Could be an individual from inside your organization, whether they accidentally or maliciously cause damage
- Zero day exploit- When a software vulnerability has no current patch or solution, and attackers are actively exploiting it
- Watering Hole attack-The hackers target commonly visited websites infecting them with malware (which infects those visiting the website)
How to prevent Cyberattacks
With the strong possibility of cyberattacks potentially damaging your business you need to take the right steps to ensure that your business is safe and secure. Here are six different tips that can help you stay safe from cyberattacks that you are bound to encounter next year.
- Implement Multi Factor Authentication
- Keep your operating systems and applications up to date
- Protect and monitor for malicious behavior
- Train your employees how to spot phishing emails
- Make sure to regularly back up your data and keep a copy offline
- Safeguard your mobile devices
All Lines is Here to Help
Cybersecurity should be a number one priority for businesses. With ransomware, hacks, attacks, vulnerabilities, and data theft affecting companies all around the world on a daily basis, it’s just a matter of time before your business is hit. All Lines offers a variety of different services to help protect you from any cybersecurity attacks that your organization may be facing.
Services include (but not limited to):
- Vulnerability Management
- Security Awareness Training and Testing
- Managed Detection and Response
- CISO Advisory
- Cloud Security
- Program Assessment
- Incident Response
With cybercrimes significantly increasing, now is time to invest into your cybersecurity! Your business needs a service that will not only protect you and your employees, but you also need someone that you can trust. For over 20 years All Lines Technology has become a trusted provider for cybersecurity services. From protecting start-ups and Fortune 500’s to even going global, we have served a number of different clients, which have come with immense success. The great part is you could be next!
To learn more about our cybersecurity services click the links down below!